Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A whole new world

We recently saw a quote about marriage that was something along the lines of "marriage is the abandonment of two individual worlds for the creation of one new world."  We thought it would be fitting to reflect on the new world of which we are now a part.  So, here are the top 10 hallmarks of our new world:

  1. There is no such thing as a snooze button. In the new world, when the alarm goes off, you get up and turn the lights on. This is VERY different from my past world where I snoozed at least one time each morning.
  2. I am now an official NC State wolfpack fan. I not only know who Russell Wilson is, but I can carry on a conversation about him.  I'm also fully aware that NC State has been leading every football game in the 4 quarter this year.  My "fan" status became official when I voluntarily watched the second half of a NC State football game while in my hotel room on a work trip.  
  3. I now have very strict rules about which baseball teams to cheer for.  Cardinals first, anyone but the Cubs or Braves, then anyone with ties to North Carolina, NC State, and/or Southeastern Virginia, and lastly, national league over american league.  I'm not yet sure what happens if there's a Braves player from NC State.  I think that might be Brad's definition of "conflicted". 
  4. Brad is now an official tennis fan.  He's becoming fully fluent in tennis terminology and can carry on a conversation using the most scientific tennis terms like, "he tree'd out of his mind", "that was a complete pot shot", or "he's a huge push".  He also has rules on who to cheer for - Rafa Nadal over....well, everyone. 
  5. Brad can fully comprehend how great something is when I compare it to "being in a focus group and having consumers play back your core essence."
  6. Brad learned that it is possible to survive without ESPN... or cable TV for that matter.  
  7. I live in dog hair.  It is an accessory. It magically appears on everything, all the time.  No matter what.
  8. Weekly (if not 3x per week) fast food is a requirement.  China 1 is on speed dial and Saturday mornings at Chick-fil-a is a tradition only skipped when vacationing in a city that is not lucky enough to have a Chick-fil-a. Also, trips to home depot for hot dogs (and only hot dogs) are perfectly normal. 
  9. Socks CONSTANTLY get lost from their mate.  Brad said he has never experienced emptying the dryer to find multiple pairs of socks without a match.  If this is new to his world, then I'm convinced he dry cleaned or never did his laundry. 
  10. In the new world, I practically live like the rich and famous.  I own multiple homes. I am the proud owner of a "city house" for weekend trips, vacations, or just to be closer to "the city life".  I'm also the proud owner of a "county house" for the quieter, more relaxed, day to day moments.  If you find yourself jealous of my rich and famous lifestyle and would like to have a city house of your own, please let me know.  I think I have one that would be perfect for you :)

1 comment:

  1. This is classic! Erin and I are proud to welcome you to the Wolfpack Family :)

    ReplyDelete